Thursday, December 15, 2011

Great Photo of Helen

Tuesday, on my 43rd birthday, I got a great photo of Helen. In doing so, a commonly-recited saying was confirmed once again: always take your camera with you. I took the "beater" D40 with me this morning when I was merely going into town with my wife only to return moments later after taking care of a few things. While waiting for the mother-in-law to return us home (while I left our vehicle at work), Helen & Adrian played in a deserted lot beside her job in a grassy area. It wasn't anything special, but while they played, Helen was sitting on this rock & I saw a photo opportunity. I had to grab it, as Helen doesn't typically make the best poses. This turned out to be a real winner & a testament as to why I almost always have a camera on my person.

Nikon D40, Fine-Large JPEG (not Normal-Large this time), 18-55mm VR, 1/160 second f/6.3 ISO 200. Edited in Lightroom 3 with the {Oh So Posh} actions.

Click to enlarge (20111213_111519_b_lr3_d40)



Isn't that just adorable? She smiled this way for maybe barely a second, she wasn't at all "holding" this pose, thankfully my reflexes & the camera's speed were plenty to capture this very fleeting & adorable moment.

That's why I almost ALWAYS take a camera with me, and a GOOD one--no freaking camera phones for me! This spot where this photo was taken isn't anything special, I was merely there for a few minutes to do some quick tasks before returning straight home, but I wouldn't have obtained this treasure had I left the camera at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment