Monday, February 27, 2012

New Landscape Shots With Re-acquired Olympus E-PL1

02-27-2012

Last Feb 8th, I decided to try out an Olympus E-PL1 again. This is the "mini-SLR" I had initially tried out last November, only to sell it. I decided I really wanted something like that & to try it again.

How great that I did so. I have gotten some shots with it. (Today: on the 27th, I replaced the original kit lens, which was buggy with me the 1st time around & the leading reason I gave up on this initially, with the newer 14-42 II MSC. I find it a MUCH better lens. Nonetheless, these are good shots taken with the original version you see here.)

Here are some shots I took on the morning of February 14th, I woke up to find the atmosphere very foggy. After seeing Helen off at the bus stop, I hopped on my bike & went looking around.

Here are some shots I took at the railroad track down CR 138 between 7 & 8 a.m.

1. Probably my favorite. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 15mm, 1/30 second f/11 ISO 640. RAW mode, converted to black & white in Lightroom 3.5

Click to view thumbnail (20120214_073827_rj_b_epl1)

2. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 30mm, 1/40 second f/13 ISO 500, again RAW mode converted to black & white in Lightroom 3.5

Click to enlarge (20120214_074945_rj_c_epl1)

3. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 24mm, 1/50 second  f/13 ISO 640. Again, RAW mode converted to black & white in Lightroom 3.5

Click to enlarge (20120214_074438_rj_b_epl1)

Here is some shots I took on the 10th, just 2 days after getting the camera.

4. Went walking through woods near the back, saw this. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 37mm, 1/100 second f/11 ISO 320. RAW mode, retouched in Lightroom 3.5

Click to enlarge (20120210_170037_rj_b_epl1)

5. A water bottle in our yard of all things. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 42mm, 1/160 second f/10 ISO 400. An edit of a Superfine Large JPEG.


Click to enlarge (20120210_133728_sf_b_epl1)

6. A leaf in our woods. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm, at 42mm, 1/60 second f/10 ISO 800, straight Superfine-Large JPEG

Click to enlarge (20120213_153705_sf_epl1)

7. A pine-comb in a mud puddle in our woods. Olympus E-PL1, 14-42mm at 40mm, 1/30 second f/8 ISO 1250 (yes, ISO 1250!), straight Superfine-Large JPEG

Click to enlarge (20120213_160527_sf_epl1)

I have more to come, fixing to turn in. And oh yes, my best-camera ever, the Nikon D5100, which I upgraded to via my tax refund, arrived today. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment