My first post done in true "timeline" fashion, done as life happens. (The others have been "looking back" or "catching up" type of posts.)
Summer is winding down, and while I'm glad to be leaving the 100's behind from what was a TERRIBLY hot year, I still hate for summer to end. The #1 reason--the end of swimming season. Thus, even more than normal, come September, I try & cram in lake visits as much as I can while I still can.
Summer is winding down, and while I'm glad to be leaving the 100's behind from what was a TERRIBLY hot year, I still hate for summer to end. The #1 reason--the end of swimming season. Thus, even more than normal, come September, I try & cram in lake visits as much as I can while I still can.
Today we went to Lake Hawkins with Dylan & Madison, 2 of our 3 nieces-nephews whom live nearby. Part of my adventure: these teenagers who saw me jumping off the plastic floating gate they have which outlines the swimming area, they came over & started jumping too, and laughing at my antics. Besides that, though, the kids & we had a blast.
Prior to that, as usual, we went to a few garage sales. At the first one, Adrian was sitting in the rocking chair on the porch and made a cute pose. I ran to the car & got the "beater" Nikon D3000 we almost always carry with us, and grabbed this adorable shot (I retouched it slightly):
Some family-friends close to me on occasion get irritated at me always having the camera with me & whipping it out all the time, but phooey on them--this spontaneous shot shows you why I do this. I think that shot is just adorable, & I find that such shots like this tend to happen "in the flow of life," not at a specific time-place when you're trying necessarily, and I just grab them as I see them. (We tried to get good shots of him & Helen in the same chair, but none of those shots were any good in my opinion.)
Back to Lake Hawkins: none of the photos from that were anywhere near as good as that one, just "everyday snaps" that look like any old body took them, but oh well. Here they are:
Here is a view of the lake overall (the yellow thingies are what designates the swimming area, people like to use them as jumping platforms too, although they are VERY wobbly):
Click to enlarge (20110917_153423_nl_d3000)
Not sure whose kid this is, but I saw him jaunting along the shoreline having fun, & I thought it was a cute shot:
Click to enlarge (20110917_153506_nl_d3000)
Another view of the lake:
Click to enlarge (20110917_153516_nl_d3000)
Adrian in water over his head
Click to enlarge (20110917_155732_nl_d3000)
Our nephew, Dylan
Click to enlarge (20110917_155748_nl_d3000)
Adrian
Click to enlarge (20110917_155802_nl_d3000)
Adrian again
Click to enlarge (20110917_155852_nl_d3000)
Some kid jumping off the plastic floatie thingies used to mark off the swimming area (near where I & the teens were doing the same thing)
Click to enlarge (20110917_164913_nl_d3000)
Lastly, one more of Adrian
Click to enlarge (20110917_165339_nl_d3000)
A final note for those who care (probably only me, ha ha): I made a deal to upgrade the "beater" D3000 we always have with us, got a D5000, the same model as the "fine China" one reserved for me. It was low-priced and a little bit in "beater" shape itself (the LCD has some scratches and it has higher "mileage"--that is, shutter clicks, than the "fine China" one) so it slides into the "beater" role itself very well. Hopefully I won't be jittery about it being used that way since it is the same camera as my "fine China" one exactly, just not in as "mint" condition. (The D3000 was slightly older technology & also slightly fewer features.)










No comments:
Post a Comment