Friday, September 23, 2011

Unexpected Killer Shot From Aug 13th 2011

As with the fog shot shown earlier, this is an example of why I always take a camera with me almost everywhere I go, and a GOOD one (for us, it has to be an SLR).

This was something that happened August 13th 2011 when we were visiting Lindale Cliffs, a newly-discovered (by my brother-in-law) spring-fed swimming-diving place in Lindale, about 40 minutes from where we live. I took my "carry everywhere" Nikon D3000 with me, figuring to just simply take "silly snapshots" of our fun times there.

Near the very end, this appeared, making me delighted that I now always carry an SLR with me, even on such "everyday" occasions, as only an SLR could do justice to this sort of shot. I was on the "flat-end" (a beach-like access point) of the "higher cliffs" looking across where my brother-in-law was doing his jumping antics. We were packing to leave after having been there 3-odd hours or so, and taking any more photos of anything was the LAST thing on my mind. But when I saw this, I paused, un-packed my camera, and snapped several attempts. Here is the best one:

Click to enlarge (20110813_201346_rj_b_d3000)

The sky really was that color, I did very little retouching to this photograph.

This was nice for me, as I consider landscape shots my main forte in photo taking, but I haven't done as much of it in the past year or so. Also I didn't go there expecting anything like this, and thankfully did have a camera--a nice one (the D3000)--with me to capture it. I have driven raves for this photograph, it's one of my best landscape shots in sometime. So glad it appeared, and I was armed/ready for it when it did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment