Since I received the 50mm 1.8 G lens and the portrait grip (from the D5000 upgrade) last week & since I more recently added Adobe Lightroom 3 software to my computer recently (at a HUGE discount), I've been eager to really get to rolling with my new tools of the trade. Today, I did so.
Using the "fine China" D5000, 50mm G lens and the portrait grip, I got some good shots of Adrian this morning, and I got some "presets" for Lightroom for "jazzing up" portrait shots but without them looking "gimmicky" in doing so. I also went back to shots of my nieces-nephews taken in July (taken with the "beater" D3000 at the time) and have been re-working them a bit. I've REALLY been at it the past 12-18 hours or so.
Here is a shot of our niece Madison from 07-16-2011, jazzed up with the "Love Couture" preset:
Click to enlarge (20110716_181128_rj_b_d3000_lr3)
A shot of Adrian taken today (09-30-2011) (also Love Couture preset):
Click to enlarge (20110930_094505_rj_b_d5000_lr3)
Another shot of Adrian taken today (Love Couture "light-up" preset):
Click to enlarge (20110930_094846_rj_b_d5000_lr3)
I like them quite a bit. I really like what the new tools are allowing me to do, and look forward SO much to really taking off with these extras.



No comments:
Post a Comment